Underage DWI Defense

Texas has zero tolerance for anyone under 21 driving with even a drop of alcohol in their bloodstream. If you or your child is stopped for a DWI, any evidence of being under the influence – even one beer – means penalties. That could affect their livelihood for years to come: their ability to attend school, get or keep a job, or be licensed professionally.

What Will Happen If You Get Charged with a DWI and are Under 21?

If you’re under 21 and get charged with a DWI, you will, at the very least, be charged with a Class C misdemeanor. That means:

  • A fine of up to $500
  • Community service of up to 40 hours
  • Attendance at alcohol education class

If you’re actually intoxicated, you may lose your license for up to a year, and your fine can be up to $2,000. You may also face jail time of at least six days and up to six months. The license suspension process is the same administrative license revocation (ALR) used in adult cases.

How a Houston DWI Attorney Can Help

First, if your license is at stake, you’ll want to fight your license suspension in the ALR. Having a Houston DWI attorney who knows the ins and outs of the police department and court system means getting the documents needed to fight the suspension and can help you prepare for your hearing, as well as attend the hearing with you.

Most importantly, you will want an attorney with experience and a solid track record of getting dismissals, reduced charges, and not guilty verdicts. Your future is at stake, and you’ll want a Houston DWI attorney who will fight for you. Attorney Jonathan J. Paull has 14 years of experience dealing with courts, police officers, and DWI defense. His track record speaks for itself: a list of not guilty verdicts and dismissed and reduced charges that kept his clients on the road and without the blemish of a DWI conviction on their records.

If you’ve been arrested for a DWI, call (713) 227-1525 today. Don’t wait; you’ll need to request your hearing and prepare your defense to keep your record clear.

Free Case Evaluation

Call: +1-713-227-1525